Etymology: (-er, shave)In its meaning of a young man, the word shaver comes from the Romany 'chhavo' meaning a young man, which also gives us the modern slang 'chav'. Both words are ultmately derived from the the Sanskrit chhaapaa, meaning an infant (man or animal)
- One who shaves; one whose occupation is to shave.
- A tool or machine for shaving; an electric razor.
- One who is close in bargains; a sharper.
- One who fleeces; a pillager; a plunderer.
- A boy; a lad; a little fellow.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shaver for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.