- The status or condition of something
- The used bookshop wouldn't offer much due to the poor of the book.
- condition, Condition of personal health, especially muscular health.
- The vet checked to see what kind of the animal was in.
- We exercise to keep in good physical .
- The appearance of something, especially its outline.
- He cut a square out of the cake.
- A figure with unspecified appearance; especially a geometric figure.
- What shall we use for the cookies? Stars, circles, or diamonds?
verb (shapes, shaping, shaped, shaped or shapen)
- Dutch: vorm(nl)
- German: Form(de)f
- French: forme(fr)f
- Italian: forma(it)f
- Spanish: forma(es)f
- (transitive) To give something a shape and definition.
- Shape the dough into a pretzel.
- For my art project, I plan to my clay lump into a bowl.
- 1932, The American Scholar, page 227, United Chapters of Phi Beta Kappa
- : The professor never pretended to the academic prerogative of forcing his students into his own channels of reasoning; he entered into and helped the discussion but above all he made his men learn to think for themselves and rely upon their own intellectual judgments.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shape for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.