- The lower part of the leg; shin.
- meat, Meat from that part of an animal.
- A straight, narrow part of an object; shaft; stem
- A protruding part of an object, by which it is or can be attached.
- The metal part on a curb bit that falls below the mouthpiece of the bit, which length controls the severity of the leverage action of the bit, and to which the reins of the bridle are attached
- (sports) A poorly played golf shot in which the ball is struck by the part of the club head that connects to the shaft. See thin,fat,toe
- (slang) An improvised stabbing weapon
- (slang) Bad.
- (archaic) To travel on foot
- (slang) To stab
Etymology: shanke, from scanca
- bad, Bad.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shank for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.