- A traditional Indian and Persian body massage given after pouring warm water over the body and rubbing it with extracts from herbs.
- A commercial liquid soap product for washing hair or other fibres/fibers, such as carpets.
- An instance of washing the hair or other fibres with shampoo.
- I"m going to give the carpet a .
- (italbrac, humorous slang) Champagne (italbrac, wine).
verb to shampoo (shampooing, shampooed, shampooed)
- Dutch: shampoo(nl)m
- French: shampooing(fr)m
- German: Schampus
- Italian: sciampo(it)m
- Spanish: champíº(es)m
Translations: Etymology: From the Hindi ààààà champo, the imperative form of the verb àààààà champna, meaning "to press or knead" i.e., to massage.
- (transitive) To wash (hair) with shampoo.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shampoo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.