noun (wikipedia, setter, setter (dog breed))
- One who sets something, especially a typesetter
Translations: Etymology: From (term, set) + (term, -er).
- The exam was so hard we assumed the question must have been in a bad mood.
- A long-haired breed of gundog.
- She has a spaniel and a red .
- (context, volleyball) The player who is responsible for set, setting, or pass, passing, the ball to teammates for an attack.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for setter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.