verb (inf=to set off, sets off, setting off, set off, set off)
- (idiom) To leave; to begin a journey or trip.
- He in search of better opportunities.
- (idiom) To begin; to cause; to initiate.
- I had no idea that one simple comment would such a huge argument.
- (idiom) To cause to explode.
- What a tragedy, that someone would a bomb in a crowded place.
- To count an addition in one thing against a reduction in something else.
- My taxes did not increase because the amount of my raise was by my losses in the stock market.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for set off for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.