- The clear yellowish fluid obtained upon separating whole blood into its solid and liquid components after it has been allowed to clot. Also called blood serum.
- Blood serum from the tissues of immunized animals, containing antibodies and used to transfer immunity to another individual, called antiserum.
- A watery fluid from animal tissue, especially one that moistens the surface of serous membranes or that is exuded by such membranes when they become inflamed, such as in edema or a blister.
- The watery portion of certain animal fluids, as blood, milk, etc; whey.
- In skin care it refers to an intensive moisturising product to be applied after cleansing but before a general moisturiser.
- Occurring or found in the of the blood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for serum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.