- Without humor or expression of happiness; grave in manner or disposition; earnest; thoughtful; solemn.
- It was a surprise to see the captain, who had always seemed so , laugh so heartily.
- Important; weighty; not trifling; leaving no room for play; needing great attention.
- This is a problem. We'll need our best experts.
- Really intending what is said; being in earnest; not jesting or deceiving; meaningful.
- After all these years, we're finally getting attention.
- Dutch: ernstig, serieus
- German: ernsthaft
- French: sérieux
- Italian: serio
- Spanish: serio
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for serious for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.