- As defined by the w:Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, any unanticipated or unusual event in a medical setting which results in death or serious physical injury to a person or persons, specifically including limb loss or gross motor function.
- Dutch: schildwacht gebeurtenis
- French: événement de sentinelle
- German: Hinweissymbolfall
- Italian: evento della sentinella
- Spanish: acontecimiento del centinela
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sentinel event for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.