- (music) A fiddle part in harmony to the first fiddle.
- The second fiddle on that tune is almost as hard as the first fiddle.
- (music) The person playing second fiddle.
- I've been second fiddle in that band for ten years now.
- (idiom) A sidekick or subordinate, or the role of such a person.
- I'm tired of being your second fiddle!
- I'm tired of playing second fiddle to you.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for second fiddle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.