- tasks that are tedious and monotonous or trivial and menial, usually inherent in the operations of a larger project
Etymology: Combination of scut (a worthless person) and work
- 2000, Harvey Robbins and Michael Finley, The New Why Teams Don't Work: What Goes Wrong and How to Make It Right
- :Everyone on a team must pull their fair share of if the team is to succeed.
- 2003, Julia Spencer-Fleming, In the Bleak Midwinter
- :Hard to keep that edge of horror over the death of another human being when it was surrounded by so much tedious .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scutwork for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.