- A roll of paper or parchment; a writing formed into a roll; a schedule; a list.
- (architecture) An ornament formed of undulations giving off spirals or sprays, usually suggestive of plant form. Roman architectural ornament is largely of some scroll pattern.
- A mark or flourish added to a person's signature, intended to represent a seal, and in some States allowed as a substitute for a seal. U.S. Burrill.
- (geometry) a skew surface.
- German: Schriftrolle(de)f
Translations: Etymology: A dimunitive of scroue, scrowe, scroa scroll, probably of Teutonic origin.
- (context, Computing): to change one's view of data on a computer's display using a scroll bar or a scroll wheel.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scroll for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.