- (context, US, Canada) An institution dedicated to teaching and learning; an educational institution.
- Our children attend a public in our neighborhood.
- ''Harvard University is a famous American postsecondary .
- An educational institution providing primary and secondary education, prior to tertiary education (college or university).
- Within a larger educational institution, an organizational unit, such as a department or institute, which is dedicated to a specific subject area.
- We are enrolled in the same university, but I attend the School of Economics and my brother is in the School of Music.
- (italbrac, considered collectively) The followers of a particular doctrine; a particular way of thinking or particular doctrine; a school of thought.
- These economists belong to the monetarist .
- A group of fish or a group of marine mammals such as porpoises, dolphins, or whales.
- The divers encountered a huge of mackerel.
- The time during which classes are attended or in session in an educational institution.
- I'll see you after .
Etymology: From schola, from (polytonic, á) (scholeion), school, from (polytonic, ) (schole), meaning "spare time", "leisure", "rest", "ease", which later came to mean conversations and the knowledge gained through them during free time, and then the places where these conversations took place
- Dutch: school(nl)f
- French: banc(fr)m
- German: Schule(de)f
- Italian: universití (it)f
- Spanish: cardumen(es)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for school for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.