- (color) Blood colour; red.
- <table><tr><td>sanguine colour: </td><td bgcolor="
Translations: verb (sanguin, ing)
- BC3F4A?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Anything of a blood-red color, as cloth.
- bloodstone, Bloodstone.
- Red crayon. See the Note under Crayon, 1.
- To stain with blood; to impart the color of blood to; to ensanguine.
- (colour) Having the colour of blood; red.
- Characterized by abundance and active circulation of blood.
- a bodily temperament
- Warm; ardent.
- a temper
- Anticipating the best; not despondent; confident; full of hope
- of success
- (obsolete) irresponsibly mirthful; indulgent in pleasure to the exclusion of important matters
Translations: Etymology: From sanguin, ultimately from sanguineus.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sanguine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.