- A piece of fabric attached to a boat and arranged such that it causes the wind to drive the boat along. The sail may be attached to the boat via a combination of mast, spars and ropes.
- A trip in a boat, especially a sailboat.
- The blade of a windmill
- A tower-like structure found on the dorsal (topside) surface of submarines.
- The floating organ of siphonophores, such as the Portuguese man-of-war.
- Dutch: zeiltocht
- German: Windmí¼hlenflí¼gel
- Italian: vela
(trans-top, floating organ of siphonophores)
- Spanish: aspa
- To ride in a boat, especially a sailboat.
- To move briskly and gracefully through the air.
- To move briskly.
- Dutch: zeilen
- French: voler
- German: segeln
- Italian: veleggiare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.