- (rare) (given name, female)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Saffron for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- The saffron crocus plant, Crocus sativus.
- (context, herb) A seasoning made from the stigmaof the saffron plant.
- A dye made from the stigma of the saffron plant.
- (colour) An orange-yellow color, colour. The color of a lion.
- <table><tr><td>saffron colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- F4C430?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- French: safran
- Italian: zafferano
- Spanish: azafrí¡n
- Dutch: saffraan
Translations: Etymology: Old French safran < Medieval Latin safranum < from Arabic (ARchar, ÙÙ, ÙÙÙÙÙÙ)
- (colour) Having a orange-yellow colour.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for saffron for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.