verb (ruminat, ing)
- (intransitive) To chew cud. (Said of ruminants.) Involves regurgitate, regurgitating partially digested food from the rumen.
- A camel will just as a cow will.
- (intransitive) To meditate or reflect.
- I didn't answer right away because I needed to first.
- Are cows ruminating when they say "om" backwards, or when they stop to chew their cud?
- French: ruminer
- German: grí¼beln
- Italian: ruminare
- Spanish: rumiar
(trans-top, to meditate)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ruminate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.