- (uncountable) A distilled spirit derived from fermented cane sugar and molasses.
- "The Royal Navy used to issue a ration to sailors."
- (countable) A serving of rum.
- "Jake tossed down three rums."
- (countable) A kind or brand of rum.
- "Bundaburg is one of my favourite rums."
adjective (rumm, er)
- French: rhum
- German: Rum
- Spanish: ron
- (context, British) strange, Strange, peculiar.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.