- A regulation, law, guideline.
- A ruler; device for measuring, a straightedge, a measure.
- Something to keep order.
verb (rul, ing)
- Dutch: lineaal
- French: règle
- German: Lineal
- Italian: regola
- Spanish: regla
- To regulate, be in charge of, make decisions for, reign over.
- Dutch: regeren
- German: regieren, beherrschen
- Spanish: mandar, gobernar
- (noun) From riule, from regula "straight stick, bar, ruler, pattern"
- (verb) From riuler, from regulare.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rule for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.