- The act of slow down, slowing down whilst driving a vehicle, so as to look at the scene of an accident.
- 2004, Robert G. Ferrell, Tangent: A Novel http://books.google.com/books?id=33a_xylSrhwC, ISBN 1589612760, page 131:
- "The resulting wreckage blocks the entire southbound side of the Interstate, while the inevitable slows traffic on the northbound side to little more than the speed of a brisk walk."
- Generally, any act of observation in a manner considered unduly overt or otherwise unseemly.
- The children had never been in such a large museum and their was rather amusing.
- (present participle of, rubberneck)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rubbernecking for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.