- Something or someone that routes or directs items from one location to another.
Translations: Etymology: to routeVerb, route + -er
- The Router directed the movement of the company's trucks.
- A power tool used in carpentry for cutting grooves.
- He made an attractive edge on the table with a .
- (context, Communications) Any device that directs packets of information using OSI layer 3, network layer, information.
- (internet) A device that connects LAN, local area networks to form a larger internet by, at mimimum, selectively passing those datagrams having a destination IP address to the network which is able to deliver them to their destination.
- The was configured to forward packets outside of a certain range of IP addresses to its internet uplink port.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for router for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.