- A list of names, usually for an organisation of some kind such as military officers and enlisted personnel enrolled in a particular unit; a muster roll; or a sports team, with the names of players who are eligible to be placed in the lineup for a particular game.
- A list of the jobs to be done by members of an organisation and often with the date/time that they are expected to do them.
- The secretary has produced a new cleaning for the Church over the remainder of the year.
- French: liste
- Spanish: lista de turnos
- The act of placing a name on a roster.
Etymology: Dutch roosterDutch, rooster "gridiron"
- I have rostered you for cleaning duties on the first Monday of each month.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for roster for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.