Etymology: From French, rosette.
- An imitation of a rose by means of ribbon or other material, -- used as an ornament or a badge.
- An ornament in the form of a rose or roundel, -much used in decoration.
- A red color. See roset.
- A rose burner. See under rose.
- Any structure having a flowerlike form; especially, the group of five broad ambulacra on the upper side of the spatangoid and clypeastroid sea urchins.
- A flowerlike color marking; as, the rosettes on the leopard.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rosette for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.