- (uncountable) Space for something or to carry out an activity.
- Give me some room, I can't breathe.
- (countable) A division in a building, enclosed by walls, a floor and a ceiling.
- He went to the adjacent room.
Etymology: rum, rÅm.
- Dutch: ruimte , kamer , zaal
- French: pièce , salle , chambre (a bedroom)
- German: Raum , Zimmer
- Italian: stanza , camera
- Spanish: cuarto , habitación , pieza , sala
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for room for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.