|rock and roll||
- Style of music characterized by a basic drum-beat, generally 4/4 riffs, based on (usually electric) guitar, drums, and vocals (generally with bass guitar). Generally used to refer to the 1950"s rock, and rock of its style, quite close to swing.
- Style of vigorous dancing associated with this 1950"s music.
- An intangible feeling, philosophy, belief or allegiance relating to rock music (generally from the 1970s"1980s), and heavy metal bearing certain elements of this music, pertaining to unbridled enthusiasm, cynical regard for certain Christian and authoritarian bodies, and attitudes befitting some degree of youthful debauchery. This meaning is sometimes used as an exclamation, in describing traits of certain people, and so on.
- (UK) (rhyming slang) dole.
- to start, commence, begin, get moving " (Let"s rock and roll)
- a euphemism for sexual intercourse.
- usage " predates use of word to describe a style of music, mainly among black Americans.
- synonyms " see WikiSaurus:sexual intercourse.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rock and roll for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.