- A narrow strip of land made suitable for travel between places. Modern roads are usually paved to accommodate wheeled vehicles.
- By extension, the path or route one takes; an effort.
- Learning English is a long for newcomers.
- (defn, English)
Etymology: From Old English (unicode, radOld English, rÄd) (riding, hostile incursion) < Proto-Germanic
- Dutch: baan , weg , straat
- French: route
- German: Straí�e , Straí�en , Weg , Route
- Italian: strada , via
- Spanish: camino , calle , ruta
- ridanan (to ride) < from Proto-Indo-European
- reidh- (to ride).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for road for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.