- An instance of riding.
- Can I have a on your bike?
- Informal: A vehicle.
- That is a nice you are driving.
- An amusement ridden at a fair or amusement park.
- A person giving someone a lift with their vehicle.
verb (rides, riding, rode, ridden)
- Italian: (car) macchina , auto
- To transport oneself with a bicycle, a horse.
- To sit on and control an animal for sport or recreation.
- To be carried or supported by (something with momentum).
- (lacrosse) To play defense on the defensemen or midfielders, as an attackmen.
- To copulate on, have sexual intercourse with (a woman).
Etymology: riden, Old English ridan, rÄdan, from Germanic , from Indo-European reidh-. Cognate with Dutch rijden, German reiten, Swedish rida; and (from Indo-European) with Welsh rhwyddhau "hurry".
- Dutch: rijden
- French: rouler
- German: reiten (horse), fahren (bicycle)
- Italian: (horse) transitive, intransitive cavalcare, (bicycle) transitive guidare, intransitive andare in bici
- Spanish: montar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ride for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.