- a verbal puzzle, mystery, or other problem of an intellectual nature.
- a sieve
verb (riddles, riddling, riddled)
- French: enigme
- German: Rí¤tsel
- Italian: enigma , indovinello
- to fill with holes
- The shots from his gun began to the target.
- to fill or spread throughout; to pervade
- Your argument is riddled with errors.
- to solve, answer, or explicate a riddle or question
- Riddle me this...., meaning Answer the following question.
- to put something through a sieve
- You have to the gravel before you lay it on the road.
- German: entrí¤tseln
(trans-top, to put something through a sieve)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for riddle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.