- The variation of the duration of sounds over time; a beat or meter.
- ''Dance to the of the music.
- The tempo or speed of a beat, song, or repeated event.
- She walked with a quick, even .
- A flow, repetition or regularity.
- Once you get the of it, the job will become easy.
Etymology: From rhythmus, from , tempo. (Rhythm is the longest common English word without the vowels a, e, i, o, or u.)
- Dutch: ritme
- French: rythme
- German: Rhythmus
- Spanish: ritmo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rhythm for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.