- A political upheaval in a government or nation state characterized by great change.
- The removal and replacement of a government.
- The turning of an object around an axis.
- In the case of celestial body, celestial bodies - the traversal of one body through an orbit around another body.
- A sudden, vast change in a situation or discipline.
Etymology: From revolution, from revolutionem (nominative of revolutio).
- Dutch: revolutie
- French: révolution(fr)f
- German: Revolution(de)f
- Italian: rivoluzione(it)f
- Spanish: revolución(es)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for revolution for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.