- answerable, Answerable for an act performed or for its consequences; accountable; amenable, especially legally or politically.
- Parent are for their child's behaviour.David Bynoe is responsible.''
- Capable of responding to any reasonable claim; able to answer reasonably for one's conduct and obligations; capable of rational conduct.
- Involving responsibility; involving a degree of personal accountability on the part of the person concerned.
- She has a position in the firm.
- Being a primary cause or agent of some event or action; capable of being credited for something, or of being held liable for something.
- Who is for this mess?
- Able to be trusted; reliable; trustworthy.
- He looks like a guide.
Etymology: From French, responsable, from responsus, from respondere
- Dutch: betrouwbaar, degelijk
- French: responsable
- German: zuverlí¤ssig
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for responsible for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.