noun (responsibilit, ies)
- The state of being responsible, accountable, or answerable.
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- A duty, obligation or liability for which someone is responsible or accountable.
- Keeping this system under control is everyone's .
- Why didn't you clean the house? That was your !
- (military) The obligation to carry forward an assigned task to a successful conclusion. With responsibility goes authority to direct and take the necessary action to ensure success. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- (military) The obligation for the proper custody, care, and safekeeping of property or funds entrusted to the possession or supervision of an individual. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- Dutch: verantwoordelijkheid
- French: responsabilité
- German: Verantwortung
- Italian: responsabilití
- Spanish: responsabilidad
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for responsibility for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.