- The act of rescuing.
- (as an adjective) Used in a rescue.
- rescue vehicle
- a special airliner flight to bring home passengers who are stranded
verb (rescu, ing)
- French: sauvetage, secours
- To free or deliver from any confinement, violence, danger, or evil.
- To liberate from actual restraint.
- To remove or withdraw from a state of exposure to evil.
- to a prisoner from the enemy
- to seamen from destruction
Etymology: rescopuen, rescourre, rescurre, rescorre; prefix re- re- + excutere to shake or drive out; ex out + quatere to shake. See Qtash to crush, Rercussion.
- Dutch: redden
- Dutch, redden
- French: secourir, sauver, délivrer
- German: retten
- Italian: salvare
- Spanish: rescatar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rescue for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.