verb to reinvent the wheel (reinvents the wheel, reinventing the wheel, reinvented the wheel)
|reinvent the wheel||
- (idiom) To redo work unnecessarily when it has already been done satisfactory, satisfactorily; to rethink an already working system, technique, etc. in a pointless attempt to improve it.
- Just use the database as it is and don't try to .
- Dutch: het wiel opnieuw uitvinden
- German: das Rad neu erfinden
- Spanish: descubrir el agua tibia
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reinvent the wheel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.