- A member of the British Army as opposed to a member of the Territorial Army or Reserve.
- A frequent, routine visitor to an establishment.
- (Canadian English) A coffee with one cream and one sugar.
- Dutch: vaste klant
- German: Stammgast
- Italian: cliente
- with constant frequency or pattern.
- normal; ordinary
- obeying rules
- (grammar) (of a verb, plural, etc) following a set or common pattern
- The verb "to walk" is regular.
- The noun "mouse" has the irregular plural "mice".
- frequent or common
- He made visits to go see his mother.
- (snowboarding): Riding with the left foot forward.
- exemplary, Exemplary; excellent example of; utter.
- a genius
- a John Bull
Etymology: From reguler, from regularis "continuing rules for guidance," from regula "rule," from Proto-Indo-European "move in a straight line"
- Dutch: vast, vaste
- French: régulier
- German: regelmí¤íčig
- Italian: regolare
- Spanish: regular
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for regular for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.