- A lively dance of the Highlanders of Scotland; also, the music to the dance; -- often called Scotch reel.
- A frame with radial arms, or a kind of spool, turning on an axis, on which yarn, threads, lines, or the like, are wound
- a log , used by seamen
- an angler's
- a garden
- A machine on which yarn is wound and measured into lays and hanks, -- for cotton or linen it is fifty-four inches in circuit; for worsted, thirty inches.
- A device consisting of radial arms with horizontal stats, connected with a harvesting machine, for holding the stalks of grain in position to be cut by the knives.
- A short compilation of sample film work used as a demonstrative resume in the entertainment industry.
- To wind on a .
- To spin or revolve repeatedly.
- To unwind, to bring or acquire something by spinning or winding something else.
- He reeled off some tape from the roll and sealed the package.
- To walk shakily or unsteadily; to stagger; move as if drunk or not in control of one's self.
- (reel back) To back off or step away unsteadily and quickly.
- He reeled back from the punch.
- To make or cause to .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.