- (arithmetic) Of a number, the number obtained by dividing 1 by the given number; the result of exchange, exchanging the numerator and the denominator of a fraction.
- 0.5 is the reciprocal of 2.
- French: inverse
- French, inverse
- German: Kehrwert
- Of an action, feeling, etc, done, felt, etc, by each of two people to, on or towards the other.
- In the contrary or opposite way, order, or direction
- French: réciproque and
- German: entgegengesetzt, umgekehrt
- Spanish: al revés
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reciprocal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.