- A person who reads a publication.
- A person who recites literary works, usually to an audience.
- A proofreader.
- (context, mostly, UK) A university lecturer below a professor.
- A book of exercises to accompany a textbook.
- A literary anthology.
- A lay of minor cleric who reads lessons in a church service.
- A device such as a card reader or microfilm reader.
- A newspaper advertisement designed to look like an news article rather than a commercial solicitation.
Etymology: (-er, read)
- French: lecteur lectrice
- Italian: lettore , lettrice
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reader for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.