- (given name, male), a diminutive of Raymond.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Ray for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A beam of light or radiation.
- I saw a of light through the clouds.
- a marine fish with a flat body, large wing-like fins, and a whip-like tail.
- (Mathematics) a line extending indefinitely in one direction from a point.
- (colloquial) a tiny amount.
- Unfortunately he didn't have a of hope.
- Dutch: straaltje
- French: raie(fr)f
- German: Hoffnungsstrahl (ray of hope) (4)
- Italian: raggio(it)m
- Spanish: raya(es)
- (transitive) To emit something as if in rays.
- (intransitive) To radiate as if in rays
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ray for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.