- (given name, female) for a girl with raven hair used since the 1970s.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Raven for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A large black bird (Corvus corax), similar to the crow, but larger.
- rapine, Rapine; rapacity.
- Prey; plunder; food obtained by violence.
- Dutch: raaf(nl)m
- French: (t, fr, corbeau, m)
- German: Kolkrabe(de, Rabe, m, t+, de)m
- Italian: corvo(it)m
- Spanish: cuervo(es)m
- (archaic) To obtain or seize by violence.
- To devour with great eagerness.
- To prey with rapacity; to be greedy; to show rapacity.
- Of the color of the raven; jet-black
- raven curls
- raven darkness
- She was a tall, sophisticated, raven-haired beauty.
- Dutch: ravezwart
- French: noir comme un corbeau
- Italian: corvino(it)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for raven for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.