- A garden tool with a row of pointed teeth fixed to a long handle, used for collecting grass or debris, or for loosening soil.
- (Ireland / idiomatic) a lot, plenty.
- Jim has had a rake of trouble with his new car.
verb (rak, ing)
- Dutch: riek , gritsel , hark
- Dutch, hark
- French: rí¢teau
- German: Rechen , Harke
- Spanish: rastrillo
- jut out (ship"s bow or stern above keel)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rake for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.