- A transportation system consisting of metal rails and vehicles fitted to travel on the rails, usually with several vehicles connected together in a train.
- The railroad track itself.
- Dutch: spoorweg
- French: voie ferrée
- German: Eisenbahnlinie
- Italian: ferrovia
- Spanish: ferrocarril
- To transport via railroad.
- To operate a railroad.
- To engage in a hobby pertaining to railroads.
- A rapid summary process or procedure regarded as unfair or self-serving.
- They railroaded the proposal through the committee, passing it with no debate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for railroad for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.