- a horizontal bar extending between supports and used for support or as a barrier; a railing.
- the metal bar that makes the track for a railroad.
- a railroad; a railway
- a horizontal piece of wood that serves to separate sections of a door or window.
- (surfing) lengthwise edges of a surfboard
- Rails alone can only ever have a marginal effect on a board's general turning ability — Nick Carroll at surfline.com http://www.surfline.com/community/whoknows/10_21_rails.cfm
- German: Kreuz (hardly used), Fensterkreuz (window), Tí¼rkreuz , Balken
- French: rail
- Italian: rotaia
- to complain violently; to abuse
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.