- (may be used with or without an article, but is not in the plural) A loud noise.
- Power tools work quickly, but they sure make a racket.
- With all the racket they're making, I can't hear myself think!
- What's all this racket?
- (countable; also spelled racquet) An implement with a handle connected to a round frame strung with wire, sinew, or plastic cords, and used to hit a ball, such as in tennis or a birdie in badminton.
- A fraud or swindle; an illegal scheme for profit
- They had quite a racket devised to relieve customers of their money.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for racket for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.