- Someone who takes part in a race.
- A racehorse.
- An animal known for its fast speed, or suitable for racing; applied especially to a number of North American snakes, certain kinds of lake trout, etc.
- A vehicle or other device used for racing.
Etymology: From race + -er.
- French, racer (general), vélo de course / bicyclette de course (bicycle)
- German: Rennwagen (car), Rennjacht (yacht), Rennrad (bicycle)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for racer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.