- a trembling or shaking.
verb (quak, ing)
- We felt a in the apartment every time the train went by.
- an earthquake, a trembling of the ground with force.
- California is plagued by quakes, there are a few minor ones almost every month.
- to tremble or shake.
Etymology: (rfc-level, Etymology not at level 3)Old English cwacian
- I felt the ground quaking beneath my feet
- to tremble or shake with fear.
- When the bad-guy suddenly appeared on screen, I quaked uncontrollably
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for quake for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.