verb (inf=to put up, puts up, putting up, put up)
- (transitive)To place in a high location.
- Please your luggage in the overhead bins.
- (transitive)To hang or mount.
- Many people messages upon their refrigerator.
- (idiom)(transitive) To cajole or dare to do something.
- I think someone put him up to it.
- (idiom)(transitive) To store away.
- Be sure to the tools when you finish.
- (idiom)(transitive) To house, shelter, or take in.
- We can put you up for the night.
- (idiom)(transitive) To present, especially in "put up a fight".
- That last fighter quite a fight.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for put up for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.