- (baseball) The statistic of the number of outs a defensive player directly caused.
Translations: (trans-top, baseball statistic)
- Jones recorded 15 put outs in the first half of the season.
verb (inf=to put out, puts out, putting out, put out)
- (transitive) To place outside or eject.
- Don"t forget to the cat.
- (transitive) To produce.
- The factory puts out 4000 units each day.
- (transitive) To injure a joint in the body.
- Don"t your back trying to lift that.
- (transitive) To extinguish (a flame or light).
- They worked for days to the brushfire.
- (context, slang, intransitive) To consent to sex.
- Does she ?
- 2007, w:Randall Munroe, Randall Munroe, xkcd, http://xkcd.com/317/ That Lovin" Feelin", in the alt text (hover over the image, or see page source)
- : Maybe there"s no tenderness in her fingertips either, but at least SHE puts out.
- Taking offense; indignant.
- He was at the mere suggestion of misconduct.
- Dutch: (t, nl, ontzet), (t, nl, verontwaardigd)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for put out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.