verb (inf=to put on, puts on, putting on, put on)
- to place upon or atop
- to don clothing or equipment
- Why don't you your jacket. It's cold.
- (idiom) to prescribe (medicine)
- The doctor put me on pills for my allergies.
- (idiom) to fool, kid, deceive (putting one on)
- You must be putting me on.
- (idiom) to play recorded music
- I'll your favorite record.
- to cook or warm
- I'll some coffee for everybody.
- to record, to add to a record or document
- Put it on the list.
- ''Put it on my tab.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for put on for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.