verb (inf=to put off, puts off, putting off, put off)
- To procrastinate (against)
adjective (pos=put off)
- Don't your homework until the last minute.
- to delay (a task, event, or deadline)
- The storm the game by a week.
- to offend, repulse, or frighten
- Almost drowning put him off swimming.
- offended, repulsed
- The guest was by an odor.
- daunted or fazed
- All but the most dedicated were by the huge task.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for put off for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.